IoT Node is a modular sensor carrier which makes the Internet of Things practical. No more jumper cables! You can quickly add sensors to the IoT Node via our open standard sensor slot mechanism.
ESP32 is the IoT Node's microcontroller. It features Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Low Energy, a dual-core processor, 520KB of RAM and numerous hardware features. You can access SPI, I2C, UART, GPIO, and analog pins to connect external sensors or peripherals.
Programming IoT Node is as easy as working with Arduino. You can program it using Arduino IDE for a jumpstart, or you can use Espressif IDF if you're familiar with it.
We have plug and play sensor modules for temperature sensing, ambient light measuring, motion-detecting, air quality monitoring, and more. Whether you are a hobbyist or a professional, IoT Node will be your greatest assistant.
IoT Node comes with rich documentation located at docs.turta.io/iot-boards/iot-node address.
IoT Node has the following specifications:
- ESP32 SoC: ESP32 is a dual-core wireless system on a chip. It has 80 to 240MHz CPU, 4MB Flash, 520KB RAM, low power sleep, ADC, SPI, I2C, UART and more. ESP32 is Arduino compatible.
- Modular Slot: Modular slot is the easiest way of integrating sensors and other components to your board. Just select and insert our SD card sized modules to the slot and begin coding your project.
- Wireless Connectivity: ESP32 supports WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2 and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connections. You can connect IoT Node to smartphones, access points and even make your Beacon device.
- FT231X Interface: FTDI's FT231X connects ESP32 to USB. Drivers are automatically installed on modern operating systems. TX and RX LED's are connected for monitoring.
- Auto Boot & Reset: Your system automatically boots itself to programming mode, then resets itself after programming is done.
- Extension Pads: IoT Node has power, SPI, I2C, UART, GPIO, RTC Oscillator, Boot, Reset and VUSB pins exposed on the sides.
- Low ESR Capacitors: 2x 900 mOhms 22 uF Tantalum Capacitors supplies required burst current when the wireless system operates.
- Matte Black Board: For an elegant look, IoT Node is made from matt black PCB and gold plated connectors.
We have easy to use samples for IoT Node's modular sensors. They're available on our GitHub repository. Their step by step guide is available on our documentation.
Easy Hardware Installation
Linux, macOS, and Windows automatically sets-up IoT Node's drivers. IoT Node Arduino IDE library comes with ESP32 installation. Just install ESP32 support and select "Turta IoT Node - ESP32" from the Boards menu. Instructions are available on our documentation.
We've designed enclosures for IoT Node you can 3D print. They're available at Thingiverse.
Feel free to join our community forums to share your projects and get ideas. IoT Node's dedicated category page is at community.turta.io/c/esp32-boards/iot-node address.